Monday, September 30, 2013

subMISSION Magazine

I'm so excited to be able to share these images with you guys, in full that is. It's from a test shoot I styled when I first moved to New York City with photographer, Becky Siegel and makeup artist Marika Aoki. It was during a time when I hadn't been working  for such a long time that I felt weird about asking for favors... but I've learned my lesson about resourcefulness since then.

Our model is the beautiful Flaviana from Wilhelmina. Our inspiration came from images that played with shadows and bright colors. There was some indecisiveness during the shoot, definitely on my part...because well, after not styling for 7 months, I wasn't as confident in my decisions. Thank goodness that's over. That being said---let's get to the important part, the story.

I absolutely love what the team at subMISSION magazine did with the story! It was for their kaleidoscope issue, so I'm glad that we played with colors, which made for a most interesting outcome. Take a look at the pictures below.






No comments:

Post a Comment