Monday, August 19, 2013

Post Hiatus Post

Many apologies for being MIA, however, duty was calling. I have been working almost every day since my last post. Two jobs sounded easy until one of them involved carrying full suitcases and garment bags to your night job and then home afterwards.

In other news, I thought I'd discuss some work!


The two images above are out takes from a beauty story that was featured in Culture Magazine (Australia)

I'm absolutely obsessed with our model, Flaviana. She was amazing! She was very kind, but focused on work! She came in and immediately started shooting. The shoot was with photographer, Becky Siegel and MUA, Marika Aoki. Becky and I had a slew of inspiration, but the main idea was to have fun with colorful makeup on a beautiful model, we were elated to have Flaviana because normally African or Asian models are always booked. This was a test shoot and I had to use my resources to pull together looks that were fun, but still in touch with what we wanted to do.......all without a LOR. I'd actually critique my own styling, but I'd prefer to share the entire story before that.

I'll be posting more regularly in the coming weeks. I'm actually considering posting in response to a conversation that my friends and I had about Blacks in the fashion industry. I know that it's a topic that has been mulled over time and time again, but every individual has their own opinion on the topic and I think I'd be able to bring a great perspective to the conversation.

Bon Appetit, xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment